CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Meaning of Christmas and Ideas for Nativity Crafts

This weekend at church, we had an amazing message about seeing the cross from the manger--realizing that Christmas leads to Good Friday.  It was called "What Christmas is All About:  Exploring the Purpose of the Incarnation."  I highly encourage you to listen to it while you read blogs or work on the computer.  You can hear it here
Being a Christian, I love when I find blogs that include cute ideas for kids' nativity scenes.  Instead of plastering Santa all over our house, we want to do activities that point to Christ and our need for a Savior.  Today, I plan to share a few with you and then I'll post a creation I try later in the week. . .

Craftily Ever After has a darling idea of using small pots, wooden circles, left over fabric, glue and acrylic paints to create a sweet, homemade nativity scene.  This is one I definitely want to make.  How cute is her final product?:
Here is another picture using the same idea:
Terra-cotta Trio


Mason's Roost wrote a great post on nativity blocks for kids.  I thought this was the easiest of all the nativity crafts.  Also, I messaged her and mentioned how great it would be to put a small verse about each person in the nativity scene on the back of each block.  She loved the idea, and I think that is what I will do to keep my blocks as Biblically grounded as possible.  Here is what her blocks look like--so toddler friendly, right?

Helping Little Hands also wrote about her kids' nativity blocks.  Her craft is a little more involved, but it is beautiful and long lasting.  Here is a picture of her craft creation:

I don't know about you, but Ryan and I are forever trying to find an affordable, normal nativity scene for our lawn that doesn't have halos around Mary and Joseph.  Well, our friend Kelly just bought a great one made of PVC plastic signboard made by a local craftsman.  We hope to buy this scene sometime this next year so that we can share the Christmas story with all the people who come look at lights on our street.  The cost of the nativity includes a spotlight and straw.  Here is the website, and here is a picture of the darling set. 
 Outdoor Nativity Set, Outdoor Nativity Store, Outdoor Nativity

I KNOW there are other great nativity scenes out there made from ornaments, candy, fabric, or even food!  Share your links or pictures with us!  Just leave the information in the comments below.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...