CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another blog? Seriously?

I know.  Another blog.  I love the main blog I write:  http://godlyhelpmate.blogspot.com/.  Lately, though, I've developed a crush on crafting and creating.
I want my main blog to remain steadfastly about posts for women to examine their roles as a godly wife.  So, another blog is born--Calico and Cupcakes. 
I decided to name this blog in a way that describes my life well now--a wife to my best friend and a mommy of two young boys, ages 4 and 1.  A mommy who loves to craft and decorate with a sprinkle of baking on the side.  Posts won't appear every day.  My hubby and I co-lead a marriage ministry for young couples at my church, which is much like a part time job.  I love every minute of it.  We are busy, though. 
I used to teach elementary school before my little men came along, but I find I use a lot of the same teaching skills I knew with my boys.  I love to write about almost anything.   I was an English major in college, so I think the love for blogging offers me a release to share my words.  I'm not much of a talker--a bit of a shy violet, and my suspicion is that I use up all my words in written form.
What will Calico and Cupcakes offer?  Well, you'll find musings on mommyhood, but I hope it is mainly about my creative adventures--cooking, crafting, and decorating.  I know God created me with this love for all things right brain, so I will unashamedly share my newest ventures--even my flops.  And for those of you who know me well, you won't be shocked if my projects change greatly week to week.  I get bored easily, and I love a new creative challenge. 
So, pick up your mug of coffee and pour one for me.  If you have it, I'm loving the Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate right now.  Let's sit back and share some creative adventures together . . . off we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...