CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Ribbon Wreath




I'm new to crafting through ideas on blogs.  Even before I discovered the sea of blogs out there, I found this cute idea on about.com.  I didn't document the process with photographs since I was new to the idea of a crafting blog, but I have some great photos of the final product.  You'll find this craft straight forward and user friendly--with great results.

Here is what you need:
1. Ribbon--45 yards for a wreath 10 inches in diameter.  I went to Costco and bought huge spools of buttery gold ribbon in different textures.  You can buy different colors/designs or stick with one type of ribbon.
2.  Styrofoam wreath--mine is 12 inches
3. hot glue, gorilla glue or tiny pins (about 350 tiny pins for a 10 inch wreath).

Cut the ribbon into 4.5 inch strips, loop and attach to your foam wreath.  Keep going until the wreath is covered on the front.  Use a long loop of ribbon to attach to the back in order to hang this.  It is beautiful and easy!  Enjoy your new decoration!

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! Such a creative idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is just lovely!

    I'm featuring Christmas wreaths on my blog on Monday, and I've added you to my post. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...