CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 20, 2010

Barnyard Birthday Bash

Both of my boys have March birthdays, so they take turns each year having the big party.  Last year Micah turned one, so we gave him the big celebration with a barnyard bash.  This year, Carter turns five, which was a BIG marker in my family growing up, so I've already begun to contemplate ideas for his party.  In the process, I've been having fun looking at two party blogs--u create parties and The Birthday Blog

I have no ideas yet for Carter's party, as his wish list and themes change daily; but I thought I'd share some pictures from Micah's barnyard bash last year.  We live in a very populated, suburban area, but quaint San Juan Capistrano is just down the road.  We booked a morning at a local petting zoo with a barnyard party area.  The party had pony rides, lots of animals to pet, rides on the mini train, and the great backdrop for the barnyard theme.

I made a barn cake for Micah to "eat" and dozens of chick, pig and sheep cupcakes to serve to the kids and adults at the party.  I got the idea here.

The sheep cupcakes are just pink frosting, mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.

For the chick cupcakes, I dyed sweetened coconut yellow, used half gumdrops for the beak and mini chocolate chips for the eyes.

The piggies had half a marshmallow under pink frosting to make a snout.  Gumdrops cut up made the nostrils, mini chocolate chips were eyes and the ears were triangles cut from fruit roll ups.

The barn cake was simply decorated with red frosting, graham crackers, pretzels and dyed coconut.

Here are some of the cakes at the party.  We got the cow print tablecloths from Party America.

The birthday boy is enjoying his barn cake.

Big brother is loving his slice of cake. 


The birthday boy!  The cute animal hats were from Oriental Trading Company.

We found cow patterned balloons at Shindigz.

I loved the rustic, western feel of the party area.

The cow pinata.

One of the cousins enjoying a treat

Horse back riding

Even the older cousins enjoyed the train.

Ride 'em, cowboy!  I love this shot compared to the bucking horse picture on the shed behind him.

Having fun, but little does he know there is CANDY inside!

This little piggie went to a party.






I shared this link at:
Get your craft on Thurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...