CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 11, 2010

I'll Be Home for Christmas

Yes, ma'am, I do love to decorate for Christmas.  This is the first year we have celebrated Christmas in our new home, so it was tricky deciding where certain decorations would fit and what new things needed to be created or bought.  I was able to squeeze in a few crafty creations, but I have a LOOOOONG list of ideas to start making early next year. 
Our decorations reflect my style--a sprinkle of fancy with a heaping dose of comfy--a mix of memory laden Christmas decorations with new additions I've bought and created with love.  Come on in and enjoy our home tour . . . and Merry Christmas!

I love gold accents around the house at Christmas, much like these gold jingle bells hanging on our distressed entry way table.  However, I must confess my one year old enjoys shaking these more than I enjoy looking at them--perhaps a higher venue next year.

Our entryway manger scene was made in Bethlehem

I looked at our white columns between the living room and dining room and could think of nothing more fun than to wrap them in red ribbon to create candy cane deliciousness.  I love our tree too--full of old ornaments and memories.

The dining room--a nice mixture of fancy and warmth
When we trim the bottom branches off the tree each year, I use the boughs to decorate the back of my dining room chairs.  I love the texture this creates in the room.

Our Jesse tree!  If you want a meaningful, Biblically focused advent devotional for kids, google a Jesse Tree and get started next year!

Our family room

My coffee filter wreath--easy and pretty
These stockings make me smile--knit stockings from my 1970's childhood line our banister
This will greet you as you enter--I love seeing this reminder every day!

All in perspective

A simple kitchen display--smells like cinnamon too!

My ribbon wreath I made--buttery loveliness!

The kids' nativity set. 

Pull up a chair!  Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Chiara! You once again amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home is gorgeous! Love all your Christmas touches. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
    Merry Christmas!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful foyer... and I love the simple display of pinecones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...