CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Oh, dear. I got this award a couple of weeks ago when Micah was just getting the stomach flu--which lasted for 5 days. The e-mail got buried, and even with a reminder e-mail, I forgot to post about it! Please forgive me, Shelley! Life has been just a LITTLE busier than normal. Why are May/June and September always so crazy busy? Even when I'm not teaching and my kids aren't really in school (preschool doesn't really count), ministry has the same calendar and seems to make us JUST as busy.

Shelley, over at Crazy Wonderful, awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award! Fun!  It is always encouraging to get an award and hear positive feedback about blogging!  Check out her fun blog!

So, I have to give 7 facts about myself.  A lot of my normal readers know the usual stuff about me, our ministry, my past jobs, etc.  Here are some REALLY random facts:

1.  I despise canned tuna fish.  It smells. It tastes fishy.  It is one of the rare instances where I won't eat a type of food.  I'm usually pretty adventurous with food.

2.  I crack my knuckles. . . my toes. . . my back . . . my elbows . . . my ankles.  Seriously, I crack any joint in my body.  It releases stress and it is a bad habit I haven't been able to break.  It drives some people crazy, but I don't even notice I'm doing it.

3.  I  have scoliosis (born with it--"S" curve) and a herniated disc in my back (as a result), which keep me from doing impact exercise.  I will never be a girl who can run a marathon.  I am thankful for the elliptical trainer and low impact exercise options. 

4.  I am a macro-organizer, but not a micro-organizer.  It drives my husband crazy.  He is the opposite.  I walk in a room, see a pile of paper and stuff it in a drawer.  Voila.  It LOOKS organized.  I hate clutter in a room that you SEE.  Ryan doesn't care about the appearance of the room.  He opens that drawer and gets stressed out that the drawer isn't organized.  I say, "But you can't see it unless you open the drawer. Don't sweat the small stuff."  Between the two of us, our house is insanely clean and organized.  (Oh, except my closet and dresser drawers, which Ryan lets me keep kind of messy since he doesn't have to use them).

5.  I am a complete American mutt.  My dad is half mexican, half English, Irish.  My mom is part Cherokee Indian, part German.  Oh, and my first name is Italian, which is the one ethnicity I don't have in me.  It is all very complicated.  If they ever did my geneology, they would be so confused.

6.  I love logic puzzles.  This is very strange since I am a writer/English major who avoids math, science, etc. at all costs. 

7.  The movie A.I. makes me bawl like a baby--not many movies make me cry.  I'm pretty cynical.  I don't understand why people hate that movie.  If you took out the whole Jude Law part (I get the Pinnocchio nod, Stephen Spielberg, but it still is a weird scene), the movie is so sad.  All he wants is his "mom" and her to love him--he sacrifices EVERYTHING to have a moment of being loved like a real son.  The first time I saw it, Ryan and I were dating, and I don't think I stopped sobbing for about an hour after the movie ended.  Ryan was a little scared.  I PROMISE I am usually not an emotional mess at all--rarely cry.  There is just something about that movie.

Okay.  There you are--seven random facts about me. 
I am not sure of 7 blogs to give this to, so I'll have to think about it and get back to you. 
Praying you are all having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about it! While reading your post I was reminded about one that I've completely forgotten about too, ha!

    I loved reading your facts :) I used to work with a guy who would open a can of tuna and eat it right out of the jar - juck! It totally stunk up to entire office.

    Have a great one!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...