CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Friday Favorites: 5-20-11

We are excited to get a mini break from the routine this weekend.  We are driving out to Palm Desert to stay in a house my hubby's family owns out there.  It is always a very relaxing trip--lots of pool time, naps, reading books, and spending time together as a family!  I can't wait. 

Before I pack, I wanted to share some fabulous ideas out in blog land this week.  I hope you enjoy and get inspiration for your own projects!

Lemon Tree Creations made the most beautiful wall art from scrapwood, a doormat and some spray paint.  It is gorgeous and looks expensive.  The beauty of this project is that you can do it with colors that coordinate with your decor.
2009 11 24 4458 thumb 1


A Couple of Craft Addicts made a knock-off of an Anthropologie inspired necklace.  It is really cute and extremely cheap to make.  Again, imagine how easy this would be to do in the colors you needed for a particular look or outfit. 




Me Sew Crazy made bustle backpacks and I can't stop thinking about them.  I don't sew, I only have sons, and I am in love.  Those of you with sewing skills and daughters--watch out.  This tutorial will have you running to the fabric store . . .



Cake Likes a Party gave us a post about making glow paint jars.  They look just like fire fly jars on a summer night--how fun for a backyard bbq or a 4th of July party!



This post is for my teacher friends and moms out there.  Richelle's Creative Corner gives a very easy tutorial on how to use fabric and a double curtain rod to hold books on the wall in a sling.  Find some coordinating fabric for the kids' rooms or your classroom and viola!  What a cute idea for a reading nook!



Hungry Homebody made lemony ricotta pancakes, and they look divine.  These are the kind of pancakes I would make for me, not my kiddos, though I am sure they would want some too. 




Finally, Never Slack Tide made graduation cupcakes.  Many of my friends have kiddos "graduating" from preschool or kindergarten.  These would be a fun little surprise for your big (or little) graduate.

6 comments:

  1. I love that book sling!! Geez everyone's so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thanks for sharing my pancakes with everyone!

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the feature!! Adorable stuff on here, love your blog! Thanks again!

    Erin
    LTC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks you SO much for the feature!! Love your blog - looking forward to following : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want some of those paint jars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for featuring my project!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...