CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 21, 2011

Double Chocolate, Sour Cream Cake

My mom made this cake for me for my birthday back in September and I was hooked!  She found the recipe from a reader in The Orange County Register.  I am not much of a chocolate cake person unless it is GOOD chocolate cake.  This is GOOD cake--really good!

I made cake pops using this cake for my autumn bridal shower, and I recently made this cake for my husband's birthday this week.  It is a hit every time.  This is a perfect winter holiday recipe--rich, gooey, thick and decadent. 

Double Chocolate, Sour Cream Cake
1 package of chocolate cake mix
1 small package of instant chocolate pudding mix
3/4 cup of oil
3/4 cup of milk
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 package (12 ounces) chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped nuts, optional (I don't use these in my cake)

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and beat until mixed.  Pour into a greased bundt pan or into pans you are using.  Bake at 350 for 48-50 minutes for a bundt cake, bake about 35 minutes for 2 round cake pans, and bake about 40 minutes for a 9 by 13 pan.  Check regularly and be careful to not overcook-these times are estimates.

Let the cake cool in the pan, and then invert it onto a cake plate.  Use your favorite frosting (I have used my cream cheese frosting and chocolate frosting, and it is good with any flavor!).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...