CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Favorites: September 23, 2011

Well, it is my birthday today!  I have so many blessings in my life.  I am so thankful to God for my family, my church, my friends, and all my wonderful readers.  I'm quickly approaching 40 (a couple of years still to go), but I notice I am struggling less with wrinkles appearing, gray hair starting and not having the body I had at 22.  My husband always says that God peaks us 1/3 of the way into our lives and we are going downhill physically for 2/3 of our lives.  That is telling of where God wants us to focus and put most of our energy--on eternity, not on this quickly passing, temporal life. 

My wonderful hubby has planned a day out without the kids, so I have to be quick with my Friday Favorites.  I think I'll break the mold today and do a quick picture parade of creative costumes.  Our family celebrates at Fall Fest every Halloween.  Our church has a free community festival every Halloween, and the kids can wear costumes and come get candy and ride on rides without coming across the darker aspects of the holiday.  With my hubby out of work right now, I was trying to find fun, cheap costumes for the boys.  Micah always gets to wear Carter's hand-me down costumes (until he knows better). 

So, enjoy these ideas of my favorites.  Maybe you'll get a fun costume idea for your little one!

Crunchy Peas has a great photo gallery of some easy, fun costumes.  I love this gumball machine idea!
DSC_0006

This one is my favorite:  More than words can Describe took the characters from the Up movie and made costumes--SO CUTE!


The Disney Family Fun blog had some cute ideas which would require some cardboard and markers or fabric--easy and unique:
NEW: Paper Doll
Fried Egg Costume

Made created some traffic themed costumes . . .

The Zoo also liked the traffic theme, but they added some humor into the costume . . .


There was a whole thread of comments about doing Curious George costumes on Windsor Peak.  I love getting the siblings to be George and the Man in the Yellow Hat.


Sarah's Party Perfect shared some Mad Scientist costumes.  . .
DSC_0117

Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...