CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Tablescape Ideas

I recently got a question from a friend about her Christmas table.  She is one of my really creative, talented friends, so I know her table is going to be amazing!  She wondered about mixing formal and informal dishes/decorations on her table and even how to mix a woodsy theme with her inherited cherry blossom china.  I am not a trained decorater, though I love to decorate, but my rule of thumb is that textures and even "looks" can be mixed when you balance them, bring them together thoughtfully and unify them by color or some other theme.  In fact, sometimes a less matchy-matchy table is even more amazing than one that is pulled straight from the pretty tableware catalogue.  It made me start thinking about my own Christmas table.  I am hosting Christmas for a small gathering of immediate family, and I would love to have a beautiful table to welcome my guests.

I started searching Christmas table ideas on Pinterest, and I thought I'd share some cute ideas from other's tables. 

Red and White.  Candy cane stripes.  What is there not to love about the bold, clean look of crisp white and rich red?  These tables found inspiration there.

Style me Pretty
Pinned Image

Gordon Gossip shared this table by Eddie Ross
Pinned Image

Pier 1
Pinned Image

Woman's Day
Pinned Image

Hostess With The Mostess
Pinned Image

Tobi's Blog
Pinned Image

Globally Gorgeous
Pinned Image


Style Me Pretty
Pinned Image

Vietri
Pinned Image



Another great way to add pizzaz to your table is to put some metallics on your tablescape.  Chrsitmas lends itself to silver, gold or both.  Have fun with it!

Desde My Ventana
Subtle silver, tans, and white
Pinned Image

House and Home
Gold and White
Pinned Image

A Little Inspiration
Tans, white and subtle gold
Pinned Image

My Notting Hill
(Silver and green)
Pinned Image

Pottery Barn
Silver, cream and green
Pinned Image

Southern Living
Silver, Gold, Green and Red
Pinned Image


Some tables are traditionally spectacular.  Pine, green, red, plaid or pinecones make everyone feel the warmth of Christmas.

The Lady in the Stone House
Pinned Image

Sweeter Homes
Pinned Image

The Bride's Cafe
Pinned Image

BBB
Pinned Image

Cut Rate Crafts
Pinned Image

Happy tablescaping to all of you hostesses!  Be yourself and have fun with different colors, textures, themes and decorations!  Share your link if you post a photo of your Christmas table!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the tablescapes you assembled together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...