CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Women in the Word Wednesday: Someday

There is a constant conversation that happens around our house lately. 

My five year old:  "Mom, when can we go to Disneyland/go to the bounce house place/go to Legoland/take a plane ride again/etc?" (Fill in the blank with the activity of choice on his mind.)

Me:  "Well, God willing, when daddy gets a job again, we can go someday."  (I just have to stop and say I am so, so proud of my hardworking husband and how well he is using all his energy to lead his family and find work to provide for us.) 
"We'll have to wait and see what God has planned.  For now, let's be thankful for our blessings like our family, house, health, church, etc." (All the while, I'm making a note to self and checking my heart attitude too.)

Five year old: (happily) "Okay." (skips off)

You see, because my five year old trusts me with a blind kind of trust, he takes what I say as truth.  He doesn't like to wait, but he knows I love him and I will do what I can for him.  He is motivated just by the promise of a POSSIBLE someday.  He fills his heart with the hope it might happen and dreams about the possibilities.

God too tells us that blessings, rewards, justice, glory and perfection await Christians . . . someday in Heaven. Unlike mine to my five year old, God's promises are sure.  In Genesis 3, He tells us this world is broken and fallen in due to our sin. Throughout scripture, He points Christians to the definite hope we have in Heaven.

I don't like to wait. 

There are days I impatiently pout and curl my lip over in sin.  I want the pain and hard situations to end, and I am not content with the circumstances God allows to come my way.  I want justice to be served.  I want the sickness to go away.  I want everyone to be nice.  I want Heaven now.

On those days, I am not trusting God as I should, staying content as I should, or meditating on the "someday" that will be here in a blink of an eye.

Like my son trusting me, I need to better trust in God's promises and have them motivate me to live in thankfulness, contentment and obedience today--even when the circumstances are difficult.  God's promises are sure--much better than my own.

May I dwell on God's "someday" of Heaven and use God's SURE promises to get me through this life with obedience, trust, and a happy heart full of hope and confidence.

I'll experience the glories of Heaven and all will be made right because of Christ Jesus.  I know this with all confidence now, but it will be a reality to me. . . someday.

Revelation 21:1-4  Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...