CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Favorites: 10-14-11

I haven't been able to chat about my church women's retreat last weekend.  It was amazing!  We studied I Corinthians 13 and dove into a deep study of godly, sacrificial love.  I am walking away with a goal to work on patience and not being so intent to have my own way.  I was heading up the greeting at the retreat for the first time, which was really fun.  I got to meet many new women and also come out of my shell a bit. 

I forgot my camera (so sad!), but my church had photographers there.  If I remember I'll post some of the church's pictures on the blog.

I have been keeping busy by making baby gifts, making invitations for my sister's wedding shower--so excited to share all the details with you when I host that in mid-November, decorating pumpkins for our ministry wives' workshop this weekend and gearing up for a boutique sale with some friends at the end of  November.  Oh, and I'm a guest speaker on crafting at a young mom's group at our church in early November.  Ha!  I have a lot on my plate, but I love it all!

Here are some fun ideas from the week.  Enjoy and have a beautiful weekend!


Six Sisters Stuff made 4 ingredient Rolo cookies.  Have I mentioned I am a caramel fanatic?  Sigh.
Pinned Image


Parmesan Hashbrown Cups?  Yes, please!  Thank you
Pinned Image


Pieced Pasttimes shared a beautiful tutorial on making a subway art sign.  The directions are clear and the outcome is beautiful!
Pinned Image


I love Lisa Leonard for many reasons, and she, of course, gives a cost effective, beautiful project for Christmas.  Take a 5 dollar Ikea doormat and paint the stencil JOY.  This would be fun with placemats, canvas art, etc. 
Pinned Image


Stay at Home Artist had a guest blogger, The OBriens, make such fun, whimsical fabric pom pom necklaces.  We are used to the strand poms or rolled flowers, but this is dainty and fun without being SO crafty and such a large statement.  Plus, this is insanely easy to do.
Pinned Image



I love Tidy Mom.  She is a really nice blogger who keeps it real and always has fun ideas.  Tis the season for bringing appetizers, and this puff pastry garlic chicken puffs look delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...