A Mama B's awarded me a Stylish Blogger Award! How fun!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great blogs.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Here are 7 things about me:
1. I come from a family of all sisters, and yet I have 2 boys. I have definitely had a learning curve understanding the nature of boys better, but I absolutely love every minute of being a momma of little men.
2. My husband and I co-lead a marriage ministry called Thrive at our church, Compass Bible Church. We have about 270 regular attenders on our roster, and we hold a Bible study for the couples on Thursday nights. In addition, we have accountability nights, fellowships, discipleship trainings, service events, and lots of other activities. We have a welcome ministry, activities team, care/prayer team, 11 small group couples who lead small groups and 10 mentor couples who help out on our leadership team. We just threw a large Valentine's Day party for everyone last Thursday night. Though I am a stay home mom, I feel like I also have a part time job! It is SUCH a joy to work in ministry with my spouse. I want to pour out my life for His glory and not my own--ministry is a sure fire way to die to self and live for Him!
3. My husband works at Taco Bell corporate. No, we do not eat Taco Bell very often, but we get to hear a lot of jokes about it. : ) I think my hubby is one of the most humble, yet smartie pants, guys around. Love him!
4. I taught elementary school for 9 years. I have an interesting resume. I student taught at UCLA's private elementary school for a bit, where I had Stephen Spielberg's daughter and Sally Field's son in my class. My first year with my own classroom, I taught in a bilingual 5th grade class in Lawndale and loved reaching some students whom others had already written off from ever succeeding. I moved down to Orange County and taught bilingual students a couple more years and then identified gifted students for many years after that.
5. Someday I want to write a book, though I feel like blogging is the next best thing. I have another blog, called Helpmate, in which I write blog posts to encourage Christian wives in their lives. God is always teaching me and growing me, and I love to share what I am learning.
6. I have a crazy fear of anything with an exoskeleton. Thinking about the noise of crunching cockroaches or other bugs makes me want to absolutely scream.
7. I love to dance if someone choreographs it for me. I love taking Zumba classes when I have time. I used to be the captain of the cheerleading team in high school--MANY moons ago. Can I stress that MANY moons ago part again? If you put me on the dance floor with no one showing me what to do, I seriously freeze. If you show me a routine, I can go out and dance with confidence and style. LOL. I don't know if this ties into the dance fact, but I also am shy talking one on one, but I feel really comfortable with a rehearsed lesson or speech in front of hundreds of people. Crazy. It is probably a confidence thing.
Here are 15 blogs who are receiving the award from me:
1. Homemaking Honey
2. Ain't No Supermom
3. Kaylor Kastle
4. The Seager Family
5. Running the Race
6. Cute as A Fox
7. Craftberry Bush
8. In Between Laundry
9. Coalwell Family Blog
10. Sherreitt Family
11. The Acosta Family
12. Joyfully Domestic
13. The Bishop Family
14. The Schlabach Clan
15. The Roush Family
Congrats to all my stylish blogging friends, and thank you for inspiring me with great posts and pictures from your life!