CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friday Favorites: 6-24-11

Summer is upon us!  No doubt you are taking a plane or car ride somewhere this summer, and, if you have kids, that is always an event for which to plan.  Having plenty of snacks, activities, gear and stretching breaks are key for a successful trip from A to B. 

Crystal and Co. did some research and found 8 great phone apps for your summer with the kids.  You can read about the apps and see the prices for each here.  Are there any other apps that you love for your kids during those road trips, waits in the doctor's office or airplane rides?  Leave a comment--I'd love to hear what you use!

A lot of today's favorites have to do with the Fourth of July!  Yay!  I love this holiday. Summer is still young, the weather is hot enough for swimming, ice cream and watermelon, and kids absolutely love it.  Plus, it is the celebration of the beginning of our nation!  Praise God for the freedom we enjoy and all those who have fought to protect that freedom for us!


The Bakery Spot shared this beautiful Fourth of July bundt cake.  I love the colors!  How fun would it be to show up at a Fourth of July party with this dessert?
firecracker cake

Tatertots and Jello made an absolutely darling wreath for the Fourth of July.  I love the rocket and the bright colored Red Hots.  This is pure fun!
red hot and blue wreath fourth of july wreath
Green Acres Hobby Farm made patiotic jello snacks.  Jello is a must serve at any party where you find kids.  These are fabulous.



Our House of Joyful Noise made darling American themed pinwheels.  Pinwheels are fun for decor, centerpieces, favors, or just plain fun for the kids at the party.
370b79b22cab183c4dd173eb5e60f7fe American Pinwheels   Summer 2011 ourhouseofjoyfulnoise.com


Love from the Oven made "ice cream" looking cupcakes with red, white and blue decor.  If you want the look of ice cream without the melting mess, these are perfect!



Come Together Kids shared a fun way to make glow in the dark drinks for the kiddos on the Fourth of July.  These would make my sons' night!  We are for sure going to do this--check it out!



What defines a Fourth of July picnic more than watermelon?  Cupcakes Take the Cake shared the cutest cake pops that look like watermelon from Natalie's Cakepops.  I love this!



The Decorated Cookie made darling watermelon cookies, along with a tutorial to make these at home.  What a sweet idea!



French Knots gives a perfect trick for finding a sweet, juicy watermelon.  I had never heard about this trick, so I loved this tip!



Have a great weekend, everyone!  Have fun getting ready for your Fourth of July party!  You have some great ideas to get you started!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my jello snacks! I am enjoying looking around your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what fun projects!! I am excited to explore the links :)

    Thanks for including my Rocket Wreath with all of the fun ideas!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that cake yesterday on so many FB posts. ;o) I hope my oven is fixed before the 4th so I can try it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to my watermelon tip! So many great summer/4th of July tips.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...