CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 6, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wraps

These are a great summer meal--light, yet filling, with lots of flavor.  They are adaptable for different types of diets, which makes them even better.

I adapted this from a recipe on Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
Tortilla (we used whole wheat) or large butter lettuce leaves for a low carb wrap
Shredded cheese (lowfat or nonfat if you are doing a low fat diet).
3 chicken breasts grilled and chopped
Hot sauce
Ranch dressing (light if you are doing a low fat diet)
Bacon (optional)
Avocado (optional)--I didn't have any for my tutorial.  Fatal error!  I LOVE avocado.
lettuce for inside wrap
Chopped up tomato for inside wrap

First, heat your tortilla and slightly melt some cheese.  I love to heat my tortillas over my gas stove range, but a microwave will work!

Make the coating (about 1/2 cup total) in which to toss the chicken after it is grilled by stirring ranch and hot sauce together.  If you are dieting, use more of the hot sauce and less of the ranch dressing.  Otherwise, mix to taste.

I crumbled some bacon into the tortilla for my hubby. 
          

Add some shredded lettuce to the inside of the wrap (unless you are wrapping the entire dish in lettuce for a low carb option).

Add the buffalo/ranch coated chicken and a few chopped tomatoes.
          

Wrap it up and enjoy!  The lettuce stems and bacon and give it some crunch and texture, while the heat from the hot sauce nicely compliments the cool ranch dressing.
          

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a good choice for a summer lunch! I'm going to have to save this one in my "to try" list. Thanks for sharing your version of it! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...