CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Seared Tuna


I've heard about this phenomenon.  People pin something and can't find the pin later.  I finally had it happen to me. 

I made this tuna recipe a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious!  When I went back to find it yesterday, it was gone!  I looked through 766 pins on my recipe board a couple of times, and it was GONE.  I found a couple of recipes completely out of order from when they were pinned, so I think my board may have had some involuntary changes from Pinterest.  It could have been me, though.  I'm never one to say I didn't maybe make the mistake.  I make them a lot!

Anyway, I remembered what was in the recipe overall, but now it has my own adaptations and tweaks.  It was still healthy, still delicious, and still worth a repeat!

Ingredients:
Tuna steaks
Lime juice
Soy Sauce
Sesame Oil
Chili Garlic Sauce
Splash of Sake (optional)
Sesame Seeds


Get fresh, sushi grade tuna steaks.

I marinated mine in a mix of all the ingredients above (minus the sesame seeds) for about 4 hours.  Use mainly soy sauce and put a splash of everything else together with the tuna in a gallon Ziploc bag.  The chili garlic sauce is REALLY spicy, so use more if you like kick and only a little or none if you are not a fan of spice.

Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.  Take your tuna out of the Ziploc bag and coat each side in sesame seeds.


Lay the tuna in the hot oil for about 2-3 minutes per side.  You want to get a seared side.  The part of the fish on the pan will turn white.  You will know it is done when you have two white sides, surrounding a nice, red middle.

Remove the tuna from the pan.  Thinly slice the tuna.  You can serve it on a field of greens or just plate it plain, with a little soy sauce and wasabi on the side.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...