CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Citrus Themed Centerpieces

If you have read my profile, you know that my hubby and I colead a marriage ministry at our church. The ministry has about 270 consistent people on the roster, so our events are fairly large. We have a great team of volunteers who help us with parties, decorating and events, but every now and then I find myself getting to plan and create centerpieces for a function.

We have a wives' workshop coming soon, and we are planning on a group of about 60 wives to attend, which will traslate into 8 circular tables that need centerpieces--at a very low cost.

I taught at the last wives' workshop, which you can read all about on my Helpmate blog. Read the Loving your Husband sacrificially series. This time, my co-leader, Heather, is teaching, and I am going to organize the food people are bringing and the decorating.

We have 20 or so glass vases that we have bought over time at Michael's.  I was weary of the dark winter colors we have had for months now, so I went straight to citrus colors for my palate.

I knew buying oranges, lemons and limes to fill the vases would be cost effective, so I started with those colors and that plan.  I got all my fruit at Costco.

We have two sizes of vases--large fishbowl vases and tall, thin vases.  I decided to use both and alternate the look on the tables. 

Since the smaller, thin vases have less "weight" and impact, I bought some straw wreaths at Michael's to lay on the table and have around the smaller vases.  I wrapped the wreaths in burlap and citrus colored ribbon, which is a great juxtaposition of color and textures.  The larger vases will just be directly placed on the burlap runner.




I made burlap runners for the tables, which will have black tablecloths at the event.  Burlap, as you probably know, is a cost effective fabric, and it has a great, organic feel since we are using produce for decoration.

I will take some pictures at the event, but the photos here are just the practice examples at my house.  I don't have a black tablecloth at home, but this is the general idea.

Here are some great links for a citrus themed party:








I linked this post to:



HookingupwithHoH

giveaways

Transformation Thursday













Tidy Mom






504 Main






Bubbly Nature

UndertheTableandDreaming
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I might use it at a bridal shower I'm doing in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! spring is just around the corner! I'm so excited.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the citrus theme! My hubby is a minister (which means I am too!).. I think it's great that you have a ministry for couples... it is such a needed ministry. I'm having a party over here if you'd like to join... http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/03/project-party-weekend-5-ways-to-re.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing center pieces. We always have fruit sitting out. Thank you for sharing. Don't forget to join me for More The Merrier Monday and link up all of your great projects.


    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...